hosted by Student Housing Business, to learn about public/private partnerships (P3s) and how institutions and developers plan on modernizing and de-densifying housing stock in today’s new environment.
See a list of timestamps below for discussion points:
- (5:44) LSU’s conversion of a 28 acre tract of land to meet upper-class/graduate student demand
- (10:33) Appalachian State University’s addition of a parking deck and multiphase replacement of six existing dorms
- (14:46) New Jersey Institute of Technology’s partnership with RISE to create a high-rise apartment community adjacent to campus
- (17:48) Unique challenges (constuction, timing, financial markets) created by the coronavirus pandemic
- (35:57) P3 outlooks for fall, including move-in and COVID-19 mitgation
- (46:00) Long-lasting impacts on P3 architecture/design/construction
- (59:30) Benefits of P3 partnerships
- (1:05) Financing options for P3 projects
- Matt Dull, Appalachian State University
- Andrew Christ, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Patrick Martin, Louisiana State University
- Courtney Gordon, RISE
- Jeremy Doss, RISE (moderator)
Webinar sponsor: RISE: A Real Estate Company has 25+ years of proven student housing and multifamily real estate development experience. They create value for their clients while minimizing risk. A national leader in customized campus development with over 80 projects in 24 states, totaling over 52,000 beds and $3 billion in value. RISE brings its higher ed partners’ visions into reality through a single, turnkey process that delivers on-budget and on-time.