Strategic underwriting is crucial to successfully closing student housing sector deals. The June 15 webinar “Intelligent Underwriting — Getting a Deal Done in Today’s Student Housing Market,” hosted by Student Housing Business and sponsored by College House, explored the innovative strategies and tools that can help real estate professionals find success via market analysis and due diligence. Expert panelists from the industry shared their insights, discussed emerging trends and provided practical tips to enhance underwriting processes within the student housing market.
Learn more about the following topics:
- Enhanced reporting and forecasting
- The role of data analytics in making informed underwriting decisions
- Current environment factors, including capital sources, debt and equity
- What savvy industry professionals are doing differently these days
- Broker side: client communications, pricing, deal types
- Deal side: assumptions, outlook on internal rates of return (IRR), value-add
- How does data play into both sides of the equation?
- Winning strategies for closing deals
- Charlie Matthews, College House (moderator)
- Greg Martini, Cardinal Group
- Jaclyn Fitts, CBRE
- Ian Bradley, TSB Capital Advisors
- Brendan Miller, Core Spaces
- Ryan Lang, Newmark.
This webinar is sponsored by College House. College House is a data aggregation and analytics platform that provides access to detailed, accurate and timely student housing market data and insights. College House collects data directly from student housing operators each week, so information is fresh and accurate at the floorplan level. To learn more, visit Collegehouse.com.
Learn how student housing professionals can leverage streamlined and well-research due diligence to close deals even in the midst of economic uncertainty. Register to watch this one-hour presentation to learn about the importance of data reporting and forecasting, plus what those in the student housing industry expect in the second half of 2023.